As a child, I was always known to be carrying a book around at all times. From car rides to beach trips, I always made sure to bring a book along with me. As I grew older, it became harder for me to schedule a time for reading and over the past two years I’ve made it my mission to read more often. I set a goal for myself to read 25 books this year, or nine more books than in 2018. Well, ladies and gents, I read 28 books!
I borrowed more books than I read, but I just couldn’t get into some of them. Hey, it happens!
Seven of the books I read, the Harry Potter series, I had read in the past, but I feel as if they count because some of those books I hadn’t read in close to 20 years! It was wonderful falling right back in with the gang at Hogwarts and re-immersing myself with the book series that really made me fall in love with reading in the first place.
Without further ado, here are the books I read in 2019:
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- The Dinner List
- The Leavers
- Mostly Dead Things
- The Incendiaries
- The Hate U Give
- Where The Crawdads Sing
- The Testaments
- Sharp Objects
- An American Marriage
- The Dutch House